Thursday, August 20, 2009

A New Western Blog

For almost a year now I have been writing a blog on Catholic History titled McNamara's Blog. It's been a great way to share my love of Church History with a wider audience than is possible elsewhere. In addition to this field, another lifelong love of mine has been the Western movie. So today I am launching The Moviegoer: A Western Lover's Blog. The title comes from Walker Percy's 1962 novel, and the quote I remember most is this:

Other people... treasure memorable moments in their lives: the time one climbed the Parthenon at sunrise, the summer night one met a lonely girl in Central Park and achieved with her a sweet and natural relationship, as they say in books... What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach...

No comments:

Post a Comment